Recently I completed the official Salesforce training Administration Essentials for New Admins. This intensive instructor-led 5 day training course was a blast.
Salesforce recommends this course for new system administrators responsible for the setup, configuration, and maintenance of their organization’s Salesforce applications.
The extensive self-study I completed beforehand came in handy. Other classmates were sent by their companies to enhance their Salesforce admin skills. With this crowd, I was grateful for extensive self-study I completed prior to the class. From the start, the instructor poured on a fire hose of Salesforce knowledge.
I’ve got to give a lot of credit to the course instructor herself, Tani Long. She deftly covered the class material while keeping things moving. Have you ever sat in a training class all the while wishing the pace would pick up? Not in this class!
From the course description:
When you complete this course, you’ll be able to:
* Customize your application, including page layouts, fields, tabs, and business processes.
* Create a secure Salesforce environment.
* Maintain and import clean data.
* Create high-value reports and dashboards.
* Set up workflow automation.
Course syllabus is listed below:
|Getting Around the App||– Understand the data model and navigation
– Find answers in Help & Training
|Getting Your Organization Ready for Users||– Set up the company profile
– Configure the user interface
– Set up activities and calendars
– Configure search settings
– Set up Chatter
– Understand Salesforce1 settings
|Setting Up and Managing Users||– Manage user profiles
– Create and manage users
– Troubleshoot user login issues
– Understand SalesforceA capabilities
– Set up Chatter Free and Chatter external users
|Security and Data Access||– Restrict logins
– Determine object access
– Manage record access with the role hierarchy
– Deal with record access exceptions
– Manage field-level security
|Customization: Fields||– Administer standard fields
– Create new custom fields
– Create selection fields: picklists and lookups
– Create formula fields
– Work with page layouts
– Work with record types and business processes
– Maintain data quality
|Managing Data||– Import new records using import wizards
– Update existing records with the data loader
– Keep records up to date with Data.com and social accounts and contacts
– Mass transfer records between users
– Back up data with a weekly export
– Mass delete records
|Reports and Dashboards||– Run and modify reports
– Create new reports with the report builder
– Filter reports
– Summarize report data with formulas and visual summaries
– Print, export, and email reports
– Build dashboards
|Reports and Dashboards||– Manage email administration
– Set up workflow rules
– Automate leads and cases
|Managing the Support Process||– Automate the support process
– Understand the Service Cloud console
– Enable collaboration in the Service Cloud
– Analyze support data with reports and dashboards
The next objective is successfully completing the Certified Salesforce Administrator exam in the next few weeks.
Photo by CeBIT Australia